Alice in Wonderland





"Alice in wonderland" is a theme that fascinates me a lot, which often comes up again and again after a while, always making me indulge in new ideas.  In this case I decided to dedicate to Lewis Carroll's work a small project that, in my opinion, is very particular.  I made 3 paintings, one of which is larger, adapting their dimensions to those of a curious antique; a triptych frame very representative of Alice's universe.  This pleasant work of craftsmanship gave me the initial cue, to be able to combine something of my own creation with something belonging to the past, while maintaining its historical value.  Describing instead the tables I painted, in the main table stands out the figure of Alice together with the Chesire's Cat (Cheshire Cat).  I tried to get out of the schemes, creating a very evocative version, which could somehow portray the soul of the character in question, skimming the details that could make the Cheshire Cat too figurative.  As for the choice of the "grilled" texture, I think it is consistent with the philosophy of the story itself, as nothing is conventional and predictable, but alternative.  Speaking of Alice, I applied the same kind of choice, portraying her with her hair in a bright but mysterious red, but still being influenced by what can be defined as the first version of the character; which is related to some photographs in which a brunette girl with short hair is portrayed.  The smaller plates include iconic elements of the story, particularly the playing cards.


Commenti

Post più popolari